To follow up on actually meeting Springsteen, I arranged for our first family Girls Weekend to be in Asbury Park! We actually stayed in the neighboring town of Ocean Grove - absolutely beautiful! Saturday morning we did a self-defined Springsteen tour involving most of the places he lived in the area and other obvious spots (like E Street!).
Not exactly a trip, geographically, but it was quite trippy!! Reap of my red letter Bruce Springsteen day:
- Got up at 2:30am, drove to LA, in line by 4:30
- Had great line buddies, Brad and Bradley
- Got initial wristband at 6:30, proving I was in the first 1100.
- Paid for #BornToRunTheBook and got wristband at 10:00 guaranteeing I would get a pic with Bruce (scheduled to be there 12-2, but he started just before 11:30)
- Got a pic and approximately 4 seconds with him (I used it to hem and haw and say 'thank you')... his jacket was soft as buttah and he called me Darlin... plus a signed copy of the book
- home by 4pm
If you have known me a while, you know that I am a huge fan, and was borderline obsessed with him during my formative years... if I had a bucket list, this would be on it! yay!!!