10/13 and 10/19 :
– 23 Rue Printsy Ratsimamanga, Antaninarenina Antanananarivo 10/14-15 :
– Andasibe / Perinet 10/16-18 :
– Ambatomasina-Andranonangozy BP10 Maroantsetra
10/16 : Toamasina-Sambava-Maroantsetra (Air Madagascar) 10/19 : Maroantsetra-Antalaha-Antanananarivo (Air Madagascar)
TNR-NBO 10/20 5:30am-8:45am (Air Madagascar 730); NBO-MRU 10/20 10:20am-3:20pm (Air Mauritius 535)
Parc National d’Andasibe-Mantadia (Perinet), Nosy Mangabe, Masoala Peninsula, lemurs!
- Antananarivo – Madagascar’s capital city is noisy, dirty and shockingly poor.
- Toamasina – We drove from Tana to Toamasina through Perinet Reserve, stopping at the Centre d'`elevage et de reproduction, Marozeco Farm (roadside "zoo") and the Reserve Vakona, a private park on the grounds of my lodging. In Perinet we hiked through the dense forest looking in the treetops for lemurs.
- Maroantsetra – I stayed in the wonderful Relias du Masoala across the bay from Nosy Mangabe. There were no other guests! I had guided hikes on Nosy Mangabe and Masoala National Park, via boat rides.