never stop learning!
- Million Dollar Cowboy Bar- has saddle bar stools and great Western decor :) I once saw Jeff Gordon there!
- Great art shops and very cool antler arch in the main square
- just outside of town, before you get to the Grand Tetons, look for National Elk Refuge. Lots of bison and elk, and mountain goats.
- I remember Jenny Lake in the Grand Teton National Park being just gorgeous, but really anywhere in the park is breathtaking.
- Yellowstone National Park
- you gotta go see Old Faithful in the center of the park
- and a must-see is the Mammoth Hot Springs by the north entrance - walk around the colorful hot springs (hold your nose!) and there are some nice short hikes up into the hills
- as mentioned above, pop out into West Yellowstone to see the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center.
- the drive along the north end of the park is usually less crowded (Mammoth Hot Springs toward Tower-Roosevelt and beyond). This is where we saw bison fighting on the road
- Check out the Roosevelt arch at the north entrance (just outside Gardiner, MT)
- Devil's Tower National Monument - close to South Dakota, about 30 minutes off I-90 at Sundance. I just love it there.