Local Art Walk

Downtown Post Office

0080-1.jpg
  • 517 Seagaze Dr in Oceanside CA
  • Created 1936 by WPA, supervising architect Louis A Simon

This building was Oceanside's first permanent post office. Dedicated in January of 1936, it was a WPS project, one of several in Oceanside. Louis Simon aided in the design. A mural of the San Luis Rey valley, painted by Elise Seeds (aso a WPA project) graces the interior. One other WPA project is the wooden Coat of Arms over the doorway, completed by Stuart Holmes in 1936. - from Oceanside Historical Society

 
 Concrete

Concrete

architecture
architecture
 photos ©2014

photos ©2014