Local Art Walk

Top Gun House

0065-9.jpg

Constructed in 1887 in the Folk Victorian style, the Graves House is a Queen Anne Cottage, built for Henry Graves as a vacation house.  The house was featured in the 1986 film Top Gun as Charlie's house and has since been known to locals as the “Top Gun Cottage.”

In January 2008, a private developer submitted a proposal to re-develop the oceanfront block on which the Graves House and three other residential properties were located.  As a result of the project, the Graves House will be relocated within the block.

 
Wood
Wood
architecture
architecture
photo ©2014

photo ©2014