- Pacific Terrace over Cassidy St in Oceanside CA
Local Art Walk
Fishing pier across from the Harbor Police in Oceanside CA
- Across from Rodeway Inn on Coast Highway in Oceanside CA
- Created 1978, dedicated 1982
Quote on the structure attributed to Lorraine Shaffer:
"The welcoming Arches were conceived from a wish that Oceanside's visitors receive a welcome reflecting the beauty, bounty and heritage of this area.
Realizing where there is privilege there is also obligation, this entrance edifice was built by the voluntary generosity of the people of Oceanside"
- Western end of Pier View Way in Oceanside CA
- Official Website
- Created 1893 by Melchoir Pieper
- Total length of 1,954 feet (596 m)
The current pier is the 6th for Oceanside, built in 1987. The first pier was constructed in 1888 and was located at the end of Wisconsin Street. In 1894, the pier was rebuilt at the present location. Other piers were built in 1903, 1927 and 1947. The concrete approach, ramp and stairs were built in 1927. - from Oceanside Historical Society